Calvary is by no means a church where “all they talk about is money.” That said, there are some very clear things that we do say about money.
- We believe that our generous God calls all of us to be generous people.
- We believe that being generous does not make us poorer, it makes us richer. God blesses givers! Those blessings may not necessarily be financial or material, but they will be blessings – rich ones! – nevertheless.
- We believe that generosity is by no means limited to our financial resources, but it certainly includes our financial resources. The simple fact is that some of the things we believe we are called by God to do cost money.
- We believe people should give as they are able – not as they are unable.
- We believe that it is more helpful – and Biblical – not to measure the level of our giving by the amount we give, but by the percentage we give.
- While we completely understand that not everyone is able to do this at all times in their lives, we do lift up – and invite people to grow toward – what the Bible calls “tithing” (giving 10% of our income away to the church or other charities that do good work in the world.)
Our pledge to you…
In unapologetically asking our members to be generous, we pledge to you that we will be as responsible as we can in making sure that your generosity does as much good in the church and in the world as it can. Thank you!